- Hold a Bachelor's degree in any area or a teaching diploma (those who can obtain in any proof of graduation by March or June, 2013 may apply);
- Be a national (not just a permanent resident) of Jamaica;
- Be able to live and work in Japan for at least one year (successful candidates will be expected to be in Japan by April or July 24, 2013);
- Not have lived in Japan for six or more years in total nor be a former participant in the programme for the designated period since 2003;
- Ability to adapt to living and office conditions in Japan;
- Qualified as a language teacher or be strongly motivated to teach English as a foreign language;
- Excellent pronunciation, rhythm, intonation and voice projection skills, good oral and written skills;
- Interested in Japan, and be willing to deepen their knowledge and appreciation of Japan after their arrival;
- Interested in working with children
- Expected to be willing to display a positive attitude and professionalism both inside and outside the classroom
- Must have an interest in the promotion of mutual understanding between Japan and Jamaica.
NB: For further information and application forms, please visit our website at http://www.jamaica.emb-japan.go.jp/en/index.html
Calls from: 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon
Applicants are required to submit completed application documents, no later than 1:00 p.m. on deadline date.