- Minimum of a Masterʼs Degree in Digital Media Production / Graphic Design / Web Design /Animation
- Qualifications in Information Technology or Computing will be a distinct advantage
- Considerable experience in teaching in this area or related areas at the tertiary level.
- Ability to effectively implement and apply digital technology to teaching and learning
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Drupal, Joomla, Plone or equivalent applications for the purpose of development and application of digital media services
- Experience and training in use of creative tools for image manipulation, vector graphics, time based motion and design (typography, elements of design)
- Experience with photography, videography and background in User Experience or equivalent
- Strong computing, analytical, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Evidence of research and publication in the field.
- Must have experience of teaching Digital Media Production including image, video and audio production, web technologies and the applicable international protocols.
- Candidates will have specialist knowledge in digital production skills, social media platforms, theoretical issues, current practices and standards
- Able to contribute to the enterprise and research interests of the Department.
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and technology application in the classroom.
- Must possess a genuine interest in helping students
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
NB: Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae (inclusive of a detailed statement of their teaching and research interests in the respective disciplines) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, and the names and addresses of three (3) referees and certified copies of academic qualifications and practicing certificates.
In order to expedite the selection process, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the address below without waiting to be contacted.