Registrar Generalís Department
* Grade 3
- To supervise Head Office and Regional Office frontline operations ensuring that policies, procedures and regulations governing the Customer Service operations effectively and efficiently
- Weekly/monthly status reports produced.
- Head Office/Regional operational plan prepared.
- Head Office/Regional budget prepared
- Ensure that customers are assisted
- Public education programmes implemented.
- Competent and motivated staff in place
- Staff members are competent and motivated to achieve agreed performance targets.
- Public awareness exists on the role of the Agency and the procedures relating to Registration.
- Accurate data entry of applications received.
- Agency policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Work volume targets, daily weekly and monthly deadlines are met.
- Key deliverables are produced within established time frames to required standards.
- Confidentiality and integrity are exercised.
- Regular visits are undertaken with stakeholders to ensure that policies, procedures and regulations are disseminated.
- Direct, monitor and evaluate the performance of department staff to meet agreed performance targets and standards.
- Contribute to the development of the corporate plan and budget to ensure the department targets and objectives are reflected.
- Approve expenditure within stipulated limits.
- Ensure that the Agencyís policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports and submit to Chief Executive Officer.
- Undertake personnel related duties including selection, training, discipline and approval of leave for department staff in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Develop and review department policies, procedures and systems to meet the Agency goals, objectives and targets.
- Brief Call Centre Supervisor, Customer Service Supervisors, Customer Service Representatives and Assistants on key issues as they arise.
- Ensure that the Head Office and Regional Offices are adequately staffed and have the necessary office supplies and equipment to carry out their task efficiently and effectively.
- Make periodic visits to Regional Offices to undertake on the spot assessment of operations.
- Liaise with external community leaders to inform the public of the role of the Agency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Recommend purchase of office equipment and supplies.
- Authorise department expenditures.
- Recommend staff appointment, promotion, transfer and training.
- Take disciplinary action.
- Approve staff leave.
- Sign correspondence on behalf of the Registrar General.
- First Degree in Management Studies/Business Administration or equivalent qualification/training
- Three (3) years operational Management experience
- Excellent knowledge of the policies, procedures and relevant legislation governing the registration of vital events.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Good performance management skills.
- Good public relations skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer application.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
December 12 2012
STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Technical Assistant Selection
c/o Human Resource Manager
Registrar Generalís Department