- Must possess a PhD in Linguistics
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a primary specialization in one of the following areas: (a) Discourse studies/Pragmatics or (b) English as a Second Language.
- Good team players with leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as is a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and technology application in the classroom.
- Innovative, committed, hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of the latest student-centered teaching techniques.
- Possess a genuine interest in helping students and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Experience in developing and delivering programmes and courses by distance or online at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels will be an advantage.
NB: The successful candidates are expected to assume duties on August 1, 2013.
Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae (inclusive of a detailed statement of their teaching and research interests in the respective disciplines) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, and the names and addresses of three (3) referees and certified copies of academic qualifications and practicing certificates.