National Environment and Planning Agency
* Policies, Planning, Evaluation & Research Division
- Implementing the Agency’s strategic and corporate planning process;
- Coordinating the preparation of and reporting on the corporate and operational plans and planning process;
- Developing and maintaining the Agency’s programme monitoring system.
- Develops the Agency’s corporate and operational plans.
- Develops and maintains the Agency’s programme monitoring system.
- Prepares programme performance reports and coordinates review meetings.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of divisions/branches in implementing corporate and operational plans.
- Administers the team development process.
- Provides technical support to staff in strategic planning related issues.
- Assists in the preparation of short-term programme/project contracts and administer their implementation.
- Conducts policy analysis as required, this includes providing advice on issues, coordinates efforts with the efforts of other ministries; and integrates research and analysis emanating from other ministries and group into own work and research.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of workshops/seminars and conferences related to project activities.
- Assists with the collection, collation and storage of policy and related documents in the division’s policy library.
- Establishes and maintains a network of personnel/agencies / interest groups /organizations whose work impact on strategic plans and other activities of the Agency.
- Keeps abreast of trends and issues related to all aspects of environmental and development strategic planning issues.
- Provides problem analysis and resolution support for core business systems.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a Business Performance Improvement (BPI) system.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an auditing programme for quality and environmental management system within NEPA.
- Identifies and research client/market trends and translate these into the relevant plans and proposals.
- Carries out financial analysis and make the appropriate recommendations, and reflect findings in plans and other appropriate documentation.
- Performs other related duties that may from time to time be assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Organizational Behaviour/Management/Public Administration/Developmental Science.
- Three years working experience in planning, organizational change management or strategic management
- Good coordination and effective working relations exist with other Divisions/Units; and external associates.
- Confidentiality, dependability and tact are displayed in the conduct of duties.
- Social and developmental issues are effectively integrated into the strategic planning process.
- Monitoring systems is user friendly and effective.
- Project contracts are accurate and effectively implemented and administered.
- Stipulated deadlines, targets and quality standards are consistently met.
- Hand/finger coordination for use of computer 3
- Long periods of sitting and standing,
- Visual and mental fatigue from long periods of use of computer and reading technical and numerical materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent planning, decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications and systems.
January 14, 2013
Acting Manager - Human Resources Management & Development Branch
National Environment & Planning Agency
11 Caledonia Avenue