Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons
for the post of Professor in Education at the University of the West Indies,
Cave Hill Campus, Barbados.
He/She should demonstrate an understanding of
• The unique challenges facing the School of Education,
and be able to articulate a vision for addressing these;
• The role of the School in transforming pedagogy and the content and quality
of the educational product at the campus and in the wider education system;
• Technology- enabled solutions for accessible and flexible learning.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Play a leading role in designing a transformative
agenda for the School of Education in the context of the Campus' strategic
• Demonstrable ability to teach effectively at both graduate and undergraduate
• Supervise undergraduate and graduate research projects/theses in Education
• Develop and implement a research agenda that includes empirical studies
related to the practical, developmental and educational needs of the Caribbean;
If your first and higher degrees were obtained from different
Universities, please provide a referee report from each University and one
referee should be a member of your present organization. A Job Application Pack
is available from our website at www.cavehill.uwi.edu.