Strawberry Hill, nestled in the Blue Mountains, is part
of Island Outpost - a collection of distinctive hotels and villas in Jamaica.
Our upscale restaurant hosts local and international guests, and the menu
offerings are focused on Caribbean flavours with a fusion of International
cuisine. Our operations include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, Sunday
brunch buffet, and corporate and social events. We have an exciting opportunity
for a supporting role of the leadership of our culinary team, and are looking
for the right individual to fill the position.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef & General
Manager, the Executive Sous Chef will contribute to the smooth and efficient
operation of the kitchen with the goal to provide an exceptional culinary
experience to our guests and visitors, and assist in supervising all kitchen
areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product and the achievement of
financial goals. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while
assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
• Assists Executive Chef in training, supervision, and
evaluation of the work of Sous Chefs, Pastry Chef and all kitchen staff to
assure economical and technically correct food preparation;
• Supports the execution of Sunday brunch, events and daily restaurant
• Supervision of staff kitchen and operations;
• Works close to the Executive Chef designing and costing seasonal menus and
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are
maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times;
• Assists Executive Chef to standardize recipes and techniques for food
preparation & presentation to achieve consistently high quality and to
maintain food cost.