The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites Invites Application For
the Position of Senior Butcher.
• Assist with the receiving of meat. Conduct inspections
to ensure adherence to the highest quality standards.
• Use a variety of meat cutting equipment to prepare various cuts. Highly
skilled in processing and cutting all kinds of meat including beef, lamb, fish
and poultry items
• Cut, trim, bone, tie, grind and prepare meat for cooking.
• Move meat stock to cold storage areas and ensure that it is stored in a
hygienic manner according to established food safety standards.
• Supervise Assistant Butchers.
• Maintain and clean the meat preparation areas to reduce the risk of food
contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines.
• Prepare production report daily
• Must be attentive to avoid injury and waste of product
• Should be strong enough to lift and carry heavy boxes of meat.
• Flexible to work extensive hours and on week-ends.