The National Works Agency, an Executive Agency of the
Government of Jamaica is seeking a suitably qualified candidate for the above
mentioned position in the Directorate of Quality Assurance.
• Plan and coordinate Quality Assurance Monitoring
Systems for Routine Maintenance and Major Projects based on risks/importance to
• Prepare report/summary with trends/opportunities for improvements
• Lead and supervise Quality Assurance Officers to ensure staff motivation,
discipline, assessment, reporting and the use of resources.
• Verify by audit, the implementation, review and update of the NWA's Quality
Management System standards and that effective procedures and work instructions
are being implemented by all departments/disciplines.
• Verify that personnel responsible for controlling and checking an activity
have done so in a systematic manner and that there is objective evidence to
• Develop resource material relating to quality management issues such as
training, promotion or general information to meet specified needs where
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams to achieve business
• Ability to formulate and deliver training modules.
• High degree of efficiency using standard computer applications