FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization
dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally
driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and
technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's
interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and
all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates
for the position of Driver for Local Partner Development (LPD), a five year
USAID-funded award based in Kingston, Jamaica. The position is open for
Jamaican citizens only.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Driver will report to the Finance Manager and will:
• Use project vehicle to transport authorized personnel
(including international experts) and deliver and collect mail, documents and
• Meet official personnel at the airport and make errands for the project as
• Log all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
and prepare reports monthly;
• Be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
(including checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.) and keep track of
when scheduled maintenance is due.
• Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean;
• Perform minor repairs and provide support for the arrangement for other
• In case of an accident, ensure that as far as possible, reports are made in
accordance with the laws of Jamaica and FHI 360 guidelines
• Perform other duties related to the scope of work of the Driver as required.
• Assist with light administrative duties as required
Application Process: Interested applicants should submit
a cover letter and current resume via email to Jamaicalpdinfo@fhi360.org by
5:00 p.m. November 24, 2017. Application emails should include ʻDriverʼ in the
subject line. We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only shortlisted
applicants will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding
benefits package. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any
person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or
characteristic protected under applicable law.