The St. Augustine Campus is looking for a level 5 leader
to take charge of the affairs of the Registry in these challenging times. The
Campus Registrar is the most Senior Administrator on the Campus and in
accordance with Ordinance 21 discharges the functions of that office under
statutes 19.1 (e), 19.2, 23.5 and 38.4 (a) in addition to being secretary to
all campus committees.
• Leading the Units/Divisions/Departments under the
Office of the Campus Registrar.
• Leading institutional transformation with a central role in forward planning,
development, strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Leading strategy implementation with Balanced Scorecard Tools, to improve the
efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures, systems and
• Servicing all statutory meetings of Campus, including, Campus
Council/Academic Board/Campus F&GPC/Campus Appointments Committee.
• Ensuring that Enterprise Management Systems viz Banner Students and
Peoplesoft are being used optimally.
• Ensuring that the maintenance and security of the campus are administered
• Interpreting the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations and ensuring compliance
• Prudent budget management.
• Cooperating with the University Registrar to ensure uniformity of
administrative procedures, systems and standards across the campuses.
• Performing other duties as may be required by the Campus Principal.
The individual should have an accessible and visible
leadership style, effective listening skills, good interpersonal and organizational
skills and a commitment to collaboration and shared governance.
Applications should be sent to the University Registrar,
Office of Administration, The Vice-Chancellery, The University of the West
Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies; email: email@example.com or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Full CV and application forms, which must be
completed and can be obtained at the above address and at
http://www.uwi.edu/jobs, must be submitted.
In order to expedite the
appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send
references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the University Registrar at the
above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.