THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES ST AUGUSTINE, TRINIDAD
& TOBAGO, WEST INDIES VACANCY
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Applications are invited for suitably qualified persons
for the post of Director Human Resources.
The University of the West Indies (UWI) is an
internationally competitive University, deeply rooted in the Caribbean and
committed to offering quality higher education.
The Director of Human Resources is a member of the St.
Augustine Campus Management Team who is responsible for all HR matters and who
advises the Principal and the Campus Registrar accordingly. He/she also has a
dotted line relationship with the University Registrar. Additionally, he/she
has to lead a team of professionals and support staff.
The University has identified in its current Strategic
Plan the need for a strategic HR intervention that will shift the HR focus from
a transactional one to a more strategic one. The Director of HR will be
expected to drive this exercise.
Legal training would be an asset.
• Developing and aligning the HR Strategic Plan in
alignment with the University’s Strategic Plan.
• Developing and implementing strategies to ensure a stable industrial
relations climate on the Campus.
• Leading the University’s team in negotiations with the Unions.
• Developing and implementing a Succession Planning Programme.
• Keeping abreast of and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, rules,
regulations and Industrial Court judgements.
• Demonstrating strategic HR leadership and developing HR capacity and
competency throughout the campus.
• Facilitating and building a supportive work environment and an engaged
workforce, modelling the UWI’s core values.
• Other duties as may be required by the Campus Principal or University
Detailed applications and full curriculum vitae should be
sent under confidential cover to the University Registrar, Office of
Administration, The University of the West Indies, Regional Headquarters,
Hermitage Road, Kingston 7, Jamaica.e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must
be indicated. Further particulars, including interview process, can be obtained
at the above address.
In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants
are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL
cover DIRECTLY to the University Registrar at the above address without waiting
to be contacted by The University.