MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND FOREIGN TRADE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons
to fill the post of Director, Public Relations and Communication.
Reporting to the Permanent Secretary and
working closely with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, the
Director, Public Relations and Communication is responsible for developing and
implementing a Communications Plan to spearhead the communications
strategies/activities for the Ministry with a focus on informing the public,
promoting the Ministry’s policies, programmes and achievements, as well as
maintaining and further developing the media relations and providing advice to
internal and external stakeholders. The Director, Public Relations and
Communication is also responsible for relationship management, analysis and
evaluation of the Unit’s impact among public authorities, stakeholders and
partners in pursuit of its goal to maintain a positive profile of the
• General knowledge of Jamaica’s
foreign, trade, consular and Diaspora policies.
• General knowledge of current
• Excellent knowledge of Public Relations and
• Proven management capability.
leadership and team building skills.
• Ability to facilitate or lead teams,
meetings or work groups effectively.
• Excellent planning and organizing
• Ability to think and act strategically.
• Ability to work on own
initiative and meet targets under pressure.
• Ability to design programmes,
write and effectively communicate with the print and electronic media as well
as the public.
• Ability to serve as spokesperson for the Ministry.
writing and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent networking skills.
Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Strong time management skills.
Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and
discretion in complex or difficult situations. • Ability to anticipate issues,
challenges and outcomes.
• Integrity – willingness to follow established
guidelines and procedures.
• Knowledge of basic diplomatic protocol would be an
• Knowledge of computer applications
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note,
however, that only short listed applicants will be contacted.