Occupational Health Nurse
Resource Manager Department: Human Resource Development
Under the direction of the
Human Resources Manager, the Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for the
day to day activities of the Occupational Health Unit that supports close to
500 employees including skilled and semi-skilled personnel who are engaged in
administrative functions and duties on the Port of Kingston in addition to a
large cadre of pensioners.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Development and
coordination of a wellness program for the Associationʼs employees, retirees
• Managing the delivery of a primary health care system for
• Provision of first response nursing care in cases of illness or
injury on the job
• Monitoring, reporting, recommending or arranging remedial
action in cases of epidemics, health hazards or other threats to the employees,
retirees and members of the Association or the community in which it operates.
• Visiting sick and injured employees and retirees in hospital or at home,
seeing to their comfort and reporting on their condition.
• Conduct safety
audits and ensure compliance with safety procedures
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assistance in
monitoring of employeesʼ benefits, including medical and group life insurance
• Arranging pre-employment, annual and other periodic medical
examinations for the relevant employees
• Case management which would include
worker rehabilitation following illness or injury
• Conduct periodic
inspections of the canteen facilities at the Associationsʼ facilities and
reporting findings to the HRM
• Ensure that Food Handlerʼs permits held by the
Associationʼs employees are current.
• Supervision of a team of ambulance
drivers and relief nurses.
• Providing the general services of an occupational
health nurse based on the Associationʼs policy.
• Representing the
Association/shipping industry on internal and external committees looking at
occupational health and safety issues.
• Arrange for specialized training to be
untaken for shipping industry personnel in areas such as CPR, First Aid and
other appropriate courses.
• Other duties may be assigned from time to time.