The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking condition monitoring activities on a wide range of equipment to include: motors, electrical transmission/ distribution systems and dryers to achieve improved
• Carry out routine and non-routine machinery condition monitoring data collection using data collectors and computerized CM systems.
• Carry out daily condition monitoring activities and visual inspection of electrical equipment/ assets.
• Conduct site visits and carry out non-intrusive condition monitoring of electrical assets (online and offline), collect data and prepare reports.
• Carry out trouble-shooting, failure investigation and other fault finding analysis.
• Collect technical data from field studies, documentation and databases relevant to the electrical equipment under monitoring.
• Perform thermo-graphic inspection on mechanical and electrical assets to include: switchgear, distribution boards, transformers, motors, batteries
and rotary dryers.
• Performs partial discharge testing and data acquisition on HV/MV motors,generators,switchgears, cables and transformers.
• Carry out transformer oil sampling.
• Input record of condition monitoring activity and equipment performance in various software applications.
• Identify and report machines with chronic problems and recommend necessary actions. Identify threats to the reliability of electrical assets and
• Prepare related reports as required.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex maintenance problems and sound understanding of electrical and mechanical maintenance processes.
• Demonstrated experience in medium voltage electrical transmission, distribution and motor reliability; with demonstrated competencies in
IR thermography and advanced motor testing.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze electrical systems and their interaction with associated mechanical systems/hydraulic systems and associated
• Excellent troubleshooting and condition monitoring techniques.
• Ability to prioritize across multiple projects.