Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Committee Administrator will coordinate and support the work programmes of the various committees of the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce.
This will require working alongside committee and subcommittee chairs to drive and implement strategies that are responsive to the needs of the membership of the association and initiating and following-up on activities crucial for the execution of the agendas of these committees and subcommittees.
• In consultation with the Chairs of the business association’s committees and subcommittees, develops rolling work programmes for these groups and drives their execution.
• Scheduling, coordinating and participating in meetings (both real and virtual) including preparation and dissemination of meeting reports and following up on actions arising from these meetings both with committee
members and with other members of the association’s Secretariat;
• Where required, prepares or accesses research and/or conducts surveys among the association’s membership so as to inform the work of the committees & subcommittees;
• Where appropriate, develops and monitors, in consultation with the Accounting Officer, budgets for the execution of committee-driven activities;
• Works alongside the Membership Services Officer in engaging association members to join or otherwise participate in the association’s committees;
• Prepares monthly reports to the CEO focussing on committee performance against targets.