A Government Institution Invites applicants for the post of Principal.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The principal will be responsible for providing effective, inclusive leadership,
management and direction for the planning and execution of all aspects of the
school’s operations in conformity with the Board of Management’s policies and the Ministry of Education’s Act and Regulations.
As a visionary, he will have the responsibility of liaising with relevant agencies
to form and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships and provide academic and professional guidance and leadership in advancing the institutions goals. He will be required to interact and collaborate with the Board of Management, faculties staff, students, relevant agencies and the community to maintain a school environment that maximize student centered learning, academic and sport performance, social growth, while enhancing the institution’s tradition of excellence.
He will have direct responsibilities on decision making and administrative
authority along with leadership for all aspects of the school’s programs including, quality assurance, instructional delivery, student services supervision, performance management for all levels of staff, outreach and public relations, as well as the day to day governance of the institution.
Key Competencies - Ideally, candidates should possess,
• A rich combination of academic and professional experience, energy,
entrepreneurial and personal qualities to match the school’s special culture
• Strong knowledge of academic programmes at the secondary level and
competencies in Curriculum, Development and Assessment Methods
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• Sound knowledge of financial management
• Strong analytical skills
• The highest standard of professional ethics, values and integrity
• Proven experience in leadership, human resource development and management
• Knowledge of relevant labour laws, employment practices and procedures.
Responses or application packages should include:
• A letter of interest or application
• Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
• One character and two professional references
• Copies of qualifications
• Transcripts of earned degrees will be required for interview