The University of the West Indies (UWI) is a dynamic, international
institution serving the countries of the Commonwealth Caribbean. Its
faculties offer a wide range of undergraduate, masters and doctoral
programmes in Humanities and Education, Science and Technology,
Engineering, Law, Medical Sciences and the Social Sciences. At 70 years
old, the institution represents the oldest of its kind within the region and
has been responsible for producing outstanding leaders who have made
remarkable contributions to regional development.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the
SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER IN PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
Department of Geography and Geology
The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching and research
supervision at both the undergraduate and graduate level. While a wide range of specialties will be considered, the successful candidate is expected to be able to teach broadly in Physical Geography.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Develop and deliver courses at the advanced level in key areas of
• Contribute to introductory and core courses in Physical Geography;
• Undertake high-quality research, prepare papers for publication in the peer-review literature and regional and international conferences and secure research funds;
• Supervise postgraduate research and contribute to the wider Physical Geography teaching programme;
• Perform departmental administrative tasks commensurate with appointment grade.
Applicants are required to submit a resume giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees
(one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of
academic qualifications. These should be sent by electronic mail to
email@example.com addressed to the Campus Registrar for the
attention of the Director, Human Resource Management Division,
The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica.
The final date for receipt of applications is March 30, 2018.
Applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the above address without waiting to be contacted.