Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Project Development is responsible for planning, organizing, directing implementing and monitoring activities of the Project Department aimed at increasing agribusiness investments in Jamaica.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and implement strategies to attract and expand investments in Jamaica’s agricultural sector.
• Develop and update business facilitation policies, procedures and services to simplify processes and support private investors in doing business in Jamaica’s agricultural sector.
• Oversee the development, management and communication of trade and investment opportunities to various target audiences in collaboration with private sector associations and state agencies.
• Write development project proposals to secure international funding in
agribusiness and allied value chains.
• Conduct financial and economic analyses to support government and private investors’ decisions.
• Plan, organize, implement and evaluate trade, investment and public relations activities.
• Develop business plans, investment models and other business facilitation services to support growth of the agricultural sector.
• Spearhead the discovery of investment opportunities that will optimize utilization of the Corporation’s assets, increase private investments. and profitability in agribusiness and advance macroeconomic and social objectives.
• Provide support and advice to management on investment and project
• Manage public relations and stakeholders engagement.
• Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
• High level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
• Excellent leadership, team building, networking and relationshipbuilding
• Solid financial, economics, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Solid understanding and appreciation for investment, job creation, economic growth, regulations and development processes in the area of Agriculture.
• Advanced knowledge of strategic planning and budgeting principles and practices.
• Sound knowledge of the local and international food and agricultural industries.
• Working knowledge of public sector management practices and procedures.
• Good knowledge of laws and regulations governing agricultural trade.
• Excellent knowledge of business development and analysis.
• Advanced knowledge in project proposal, appraisal, implementation and management.