The HEART TRUST/NTA, a statutory organisation mandated to co-ordinate
and facilitate the training and assessment of the Jamaican workforce to
international standards, invites applications for the following position.
The Board/Corporate Secretary is responsible for providing legal advice to
the Board and sub-committees of the Board, overseeing and reviewing
documents for meetings, and ensuring that records of such meetings are
maintained. In addition, the Corporate Secretary advises the Board on issues
of governance, updates the Executive Body on Board decisions and prepares
reports for the portfolio Minister after Board or Committee meetings. This position is expected to contribute to sustaining credible and effective
governance policies, systems and procedures.
• Ensure all protocols are observed in relation to the Chairman and Board of Directors participation in official functions
• Prepare draft speaking notes for submission to the Chairman of the Board of Directors in a timely manner
• Monitor corporate governance developments to ensure the operations of the Board is consistent
• Organize and manage all Board and Committees meeting logistics including notices, agenda, resolutions and other documents required for meetings
• Conduct orientation, induction and development programmes for Directors
• Oversee policies and ensure matters are referred to the appropriate Committee for deliberation
NB. This is a travelling position, and as such, all applicants must possess a reliable Motor Vehicle and a valid Drivers’ Licence.