The Universal Service Fund, an agency of the Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology invites applications for the position of Internal Auditor. The incumbent will, under the direction of the Audit Committee, perform professional auditing of all internal aspects of the operations of the Universal Service Fund. This fixed-term contract officer will examine, report and recommend (where necessary) operational improvements to ensure compliance with relevant laws, orders, rules, regulations and policies
governing the Universal Service Fund.
• Prepares the operational audit plan and oversees the development of individual work plans
• Identifies and reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Develops and applies auditing procedures and techniques in conducting operational, financial and value for money audits.
• Assesses the adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with relevant laws, orders, rules, policies, regulations, and other stipulated guidelines in achieving desired objectives.
• Liaises with all Departments and external project administrators in respect of proposed audits.
• Evaluates information security and associated risk exposures.
• Performs viable tests of all Information Technology systems and applications to ensure efficacy, adequacy, and contribution.
The Universal Service Fund (USF) is a statutory body with a mandate for discharging the government’s responsibilities for universal ICT services under the Telecommunications Act. The USF has the responsibility to collect and manage the Universal Service Obligation Levy imposed on incoming
international telephony calls.
We extend our appreciation to all applicants. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.