The Universal Service Fund, an agency of the Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology invites applications from qualified ICT/Telecommunications Project Management professionals to fill the position of Director of Projects. This fixed-term contract senior management position includes the conceptualization and execution of projects to accelerate the provision of universal access to Internet services island wide pursuant to the government’s Universal Service Obligation commitment. (Major projects: Islandwide Broadband Network, Public WiFi, Community Access Points, e-Learning Project, Tablets-In-Schools, Technology Advancement Programme, etc.)
• Maintain overall responsibility for assessment, designing, implementation and monitoring of all projects
• Defining the scope of each project and preparing evaluation reports and recommend to the CEO for Board approval
• Collaborating with external organizations to develop strategic project initiatives
• Utilizing modern project management techniques to ensure the most efficient management and execution of all projects
• Determining the resources required to efficiently complete each project
• Developing and reviewing schedules to ensure the attainment of milestones as planned
• Determining the objectives and measures upon which each
project will be evaluated at completion and preparing post implementation reviews
• Preparing annual, quarterly, and monthly plans for inputs into the Corporate Plan, Annual Reporting, Strategic Reporting to the Board and any other statutory reporting obligations
• Developing and reviewing Project cash flow forecasts to execute projects efficiently, within budget and on time, consistent with the mandate of the Universal Service Fund.
The Universal Service Fund (USF) is a statutory body with a mandate for discharging the government’s responsibilities for universal ICT services under the Telecommunications Act. The USF has the responsibility to collect and manage the Universal Service Obligation Levy imposed on incoming
international telephony calls.
We extend our appreciation to all applicants. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.