The Universal Service Fund, an agency of the Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology invites applications from qualified financial management specialists to fill the position of Financial Controller (FC). This fixed-term contract senior management personnel will manage the day to day operations of our Finance Department - supervise staff of the department, produce various financial budgets/forecasts and accounting reports, and carry out critical financial analysis for reporting to the CEO. The FC will analyze
financial market conditions to determine financial institutions competitiveness for the investment of the USO levy, monitor expenditures, and coordinate and facilitate audit processes.
• The judicious management the entire accounting function of the organization
• Preparation of Monthly Financial Reports and Annual Audited Reports
• Providing relevant sections for input inclusion into the organization’s Corporate/Strategic Plan, Annual Reports, Quarterly Performance Reports, Monthly Board Reports, and any other reports required from time to time.
• Creation and updating relevant inhouse accounting policies and procedures corresponding with the current changes in financial reporting standards.
• Liaising with Carriers regarding timely payment of Universal Service Levy and prepare current USO Levy Reports.
• Liaising with Financial Institutions regarding investments: negotiate best rates and follow up to ensure the execution of agreed rates and timely roll over of maturing investments.
• Developing and reviewing Project cash flow forecasts to execute projects efficiently, within budget and on time, consistent with the mandate of the Universal Service Fund. Adherence to all statutes governing the organization; the organization’s Treasury Management Policy, Financial Policy,
and other applicable government policies and guidelines.
The Universal Service Fund (USF) is a statutory body with a mandate for discharging the government’s responsibilities for universal ICT services under the Telecommunications Act. The USF has the responsibility to collect and manage the Universal Service Obligation Levy imposed on incoming
international telephony calls.
We extend our appreciation to all applicants. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.