The Senior Network Specialist will have responsibility to design, implement, and support complex networks with a focus on security and performance. The successful applicant will also be responsible for effectively managing time and engagement to deliver projects on time and on budget. In addition, this specialist will be required to demonstrate advance network expertise, technologies and experience as well as excellent communication skills, good initiative and sound judgement.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to define business requirements for complex network design and implementation.
• Develops various complex IT networks to support the information systems and services of the GOJ.
• Analyse associate’s systems and networks for adherence to best practice and international standards, and provide upgrade process and support where necessary
• Performs network configurations for design networks;
• Prepares network operations and associate resources for all hardware and software requirements of projects and recommends alternatives where required to ensure smooth working of all network according to business requirements.
• Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
• Develops documents, makes recommendations, and communicates plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
• Leads, coaches and motivates the networking teams, ensuring understanding of the company’s vision and values, maximum teamwork and co-operation with all areas and divisions of the company and the highest levels of service provision.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity. Please note, however, that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.