This position has ultimate responsibility:
• On a pro-active basis assess the compliance risks associated with the Credit Union’s business activities, including the development of new products and business practices, the proposed establishment of new types of business or customer relationships, or material changes in the nature of such relationships.
• To assess the appropriateness and consistency of the Credit Union’s regulatory framework (statutory documents, policies, strategies, guidelines, rules, regulations and procedures in force) related to compliance issues, promptly following up any identified deficiencies in the policies and procedures and, where necessary, recommend amendments.
• To ascertain compliance with the provisions of the Credit Union’s Code of Conduct, to review and propose amendments to the Credit Union’s Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures, as necessary, to reflect ethical standards in all areas.
• Review all operating areas on a periodic basis and recommend changes to the procedures/policies to incorporate regulatory requirements. The relevant department head is responsible for the adoption/implementation of the recommendations.
• Advise and assist the senior management on compliance laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed on developments by establishing written guidance on the appropriate implementation of compliance laws, rules and standards through policies and procedures and other documents such as compliance manuals, internal codes of conduct and practice guidelines.
• To function as the Nominated Officer for the Credit Union in accordance with the relevant statutes and BOJ Guidance notes.
• Provide training in collaboration with the Human Resource Department to provide training on compliance matters.
We thank all applicants for their submission of interest and advise that only short listed applicants will be contacted.