The Procurement Officer manages the procurement of goods and services within the Institution to ensure best value for optimized cost savings in compliance with the Government of Jamaica’s Procurement Guidelines, Policies and Regulations and the Institution’s procurement policy. The Procurement Officer is accountable for planning and coordinating the systematic execution of procedures for the timely and cost-effective procurement of equipment, materials, goods and services.
Applicants should possess:
• Good planning and negotiating skills
• Sound knowledge of government’s procurement policies and procedures and purchasing techniques including GOJ Standard Bidding Documents.
• Sound knowledge of tendering and contract management.
• Working knowledge of Finance, Administration and Audit Act (FAAA).
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.