Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the position of Pharmacist with the Regular Force. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
• Routine review of drug orders for appropriateness and safety
• Counselling patients on correct use of medications, warnings, contraindications and answering drug related queries.
• Conduct follow-up evaluations of patient therapies to ensure patient compliance and favourable outcomes with the use of drugs.
• Evaluate response of patients with chronic conditions to respective drug therapies and make recommendations to physicians where necessary.
• Supervise the manufacture and compounding of extemporaneous preparations in accordance with medication order requests.
• Supervise pharmacy technicians involved in the processing of prescriptions, manufacturing of drugs or managing of inventory.
• Ensure pharmacy area is operated in accordance with the laws governing pharmacy practice in Jamaica.