The Director of Technical Services is responsible for the day-to-day management of the core responsibility areas of planning, designing construction and maintenance of the national highways. As a senior executive, the position also provides support to the Managing Director in his role as Chief Project Officer as well as in creating the strategic direction of the company.
• Participates in the development of the strategic plan and budget of the company.
• Participates in the design of project proposals and assists the Managing Director in identifying and negotiating sources of funds for implementation.
• Participates in the review of proposals for consultancy services providing technical advice and direction to the process.
• Assists the Managing Director in preparing cabinet submissions, technical position papers and other technical documents for presentation to government officials and other stakeholders; attends meetings and makes presentations as required.
• Coordinates and monitors the work of external consultants/advisors and assumes the role of project manager on assigned projects or segments of projects.
• Oversees and ensures that appropriate programmes for the monitoring of key elements of the Concession Agreement such as road safety, environmental maintenance and general maintenance and repairs of the highways are carried out.
• Oversees the process of ascertaining all regulatory and government approvals for the construction of the highways.
• Ensures that customer complaints regarding the highways are appropriately investigated and communicated to the Operator.
• Works closely with the technical advisors/consultants and ensures that an effective system is in place to facilitate knowledge transfer on all aspects of the projects to build the internal capacity of the company.
• Collaborates with the National Works Agency and other relevant agencies for the relocation of roadways to facilitate the construction of the highways.
• Leads consultations with stakeholders on the design of highways and ensures that stakeholders’ concerns are appropriately considered in reviewing the designs.
• Provides support to the land acquisition team as necessary.
NB:We appreciate all applicants, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted