Further consideration will be given to candidates with specialization in one or more of the following areas:
• Energy Studies
• Process Safety
• Multiphase Transport and Processing
• Corrosion Engineering Complementary expertise in Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics and Reaction Engineering will be an advantage.
• Teaching and providing academic support to the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
• Contributing to the Department’s R&D portfolio through a mix of academic publications in the focus areas mentioned and through impactful development and industry support activities in Chemical Engineering
• Contributing significantly to teaching and curriculum development in the discipline of Chemical Engineering
• Representing the Department at various national, regional and international workshops, conferences and seminars
• Providing administrative assistance
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential.
Candidates must also:
• be inspirational and dynamic with the vision and ability to promote collegiality, transparency and inclusiveness
• interact with staff, students and industry stakeholders
• be self-motivated
• have the ability to work well with students
Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms can be obtained at http://www.uwi.edu, Job Opportunities section. Further particulars including remuneration package can be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the University Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Informal inquiries can be directed to Dr. Raffie Hosein at email@example.com or Dr. David Janes at firstname.lastname@example.org.