The Universal Service Fund (USF), an agency of the Ministry of Science and Technology is a statutory body with a mandate for discharging the government’s responsibilities for universal ICT services under the Telecommunications Act. The USF has the responsibility to collect and manage the Universal Service Levy imposed on incoming international telephony calls.
The Universal Service Fund is seeking to recruit a creative, dynamic, results oriented individual for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO); to vigorously guide the proper execution of the provisions of the Telecommunications Act. The CEO shall be accountable to the Board of Management for the astute and efficient management of the organization.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER IS EXPECTED TO:
• Create winning strategies which will ensure visibility of the organization, its past accomplishments and future goals, while progressively growing a positive image of the organization.
• Strategically lead the organization to ensure fulfilment of its mandate; and shall have day to day operating responsibility for all programmes and activities of the Fund (projects, personnel, financial and other resources, and outcomes).
• Formulate policies and plans for recommendation to the Board of Management for approval; and implement organization wide plans to promote the benefits of the universal service levy.
• Provide sound advice to the Board of Management and keep the members informed on all matters related to the USF.
• Liaise with all stakeholders, create collaborative opportunities, and maintain synergies among a vast net work of individuals and organizations to ensure the mission of the organization is effectively communicated.
• Support, develop, and motivate employees in carrying out the organization’s programmes and operations.
• Adhere to the principles of corporate governance, accountability and transparency, and be responsive to the relevant monitoring agencies of government (Auditor General, Contractor General, etc.) and the general public.
We extend our appreciation to all applicants. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.