• To administer Estates in accordance with the law and in the best interest of minors, beneficiaries and creditors.
• Conducts investigations on all new cases assigned including identifying and verifying assets liabilities and beneficiaries; develops case plan and refer to Case Attorney for review and approval; regularly reviews plans to ensure they remain relevant, discusses proposed changes with Case Attorney and makes adjustments to the plan as approved.
• Coordinates the collection of assets, (including attending at Banks and other Financial Institutions to preside over the opening of Safety Deposit Boxes as necessary); settles liabilities and carries out any other activities necessary
• Refers matters to Legal Services and Property Sections for action related to the Estates; ensures required information and documents are provided in order to minimise delays; follows up to keep abreast of progress on matters.
• Conducts regular meetings with Property Officers to discuss course of action and status of properties within portfolio; Conducts regular checks on: the collection of rent/ lease, payment of insurance, property tax and other standard liabilities as well as the state of maintenance of properties; initiates action to address areas of concern and escalate to the Case Attorney for attention where necessary.