Salary range $2,508,452 – $2,981,761 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post
To provide legal support on matters affecting the Ministry of Labour and Social Security with specific duties at the Industrial Disputes Tribunal (IDT).
• Liaise with the Attorney General's Chambers to produce legal opinions/briefs on matters concerning the Tribunal, including applications for judicial review proceedings made against the Tribunal.
• Liaise with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions to produce legal opinions/briefs on all criminal proceedings to be instituted by the Tribunal.
• Interpret and administer the various laws which impact the work of the Tribunal.
• Monitor court proceedings against the Tribunal as well as those instituted by the Tribunal.
• Liaise with the Ministry in the review of, making of recommendations and the submitting of opinions on proposed or existing legislation, procedures, proposed policy formulation and issues or questions of law which may affect or improve the operations of the Tribunal.
• Provide legal support in the dissemination and compilation of information concerning Awards of the Tribunal, the Labour Relations and Industrial Disputes Act, 1975, Labour Relations Code, 1976 and any other legislation which impacts the work of the Tribunal.
• Provide legal support in the revision, discussion, education campaigns and legal/academic exercises concerning industrial disputes, industrial relations, labour laws and other laws pertinent to the role and function of the Tribunal.
• Represent the Tribunal at meetings and conferences as required.