The Universal Service Fund invites applications for the position of to develop its information technology plan/strategy and manage the organisation’s computer systems, applications, networks, databases and website to ensure that adequate, secured, trouble free computing facilities are consistently available for discharging the organization’s mandate and to ensure that current online information is consistently available for public consumption.
• The System Analyst will continuously review the Organization’s computing facilities and propose necessary changes to ensure that adequate facilities are consistently available to effectively discharge the Organization’s responsibilities.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
• Troubleshooting system/network problems, diagnosing/solving hardware and software issues
• Planning and organizing the implementation of new hardware and software.
• Evaluating the computing facilities to detect any vulnerabilities and implementing adequate protection and prevention systems to ensure the sanity of the networks and applications.
• Responding promptly to any reports of failures/degradations of computing facilities
• Interfacing with hardware and software suppliers to plan scheduled maintenance or updates.
• Maintaining a record of all computing licences; ensuring that they are renewed as appropriate.
• Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password and security issues.
• Reviewing/maintaining/executing efficient and effective database/applications backup procedures
• Providing technical assistance to Community Access Point projects Administrators & and other projects Island wide.
• Preparing and maintaining relevant systems documentation (creation of policies & procedures)
• Managing the Organization’s website to ensure it remains current, vibrant & consistently available
We extend our appreciation to all applicants. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.