An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Process Control Engineer to join the Process Control Department at the Halse Hall, Clarendon location.
Under the direction of the Process Control Superintendent, this position will be required to:
• Establish user process and control objectives, and coordinate with site technical, reliability, production and process personnel to ensure objectives and requirements of control strategies are aligned with location’s business objectives;
• Assist project teams with technical issues requiring knowledge and understanding of site’s plant process, process control issues, methodologies, standards and end user requirements;
• Review and optimise Advanced Process Control (APC) applications which includes developing new process models and optimizing controller tuning;
• Review base control loop performance and reduce variability in related control loops for optimum performance;
• Develop new Advanced Process and Regulatory Control Applications as per Jamalco’s requirement. This includes developing and executing Step Test plans, developing dynamic simulations and commissioning controllers;
• Collaborate with department subject matter experts to implement and commission new process control initiatives.
• Conduct risk analysis and safety review of new applications;
• Code, compile and link any advanced process control application’s code such as CL code. CL packages, CDS parameter definitions etc.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.