• The Quantity Surveying Officer is responsible for providing highly specialized quantity surveying support work for the planning and implementation of building construction assignments undertaken by the Trust. The incumbent manages small construction projects and lease agreements for properties leased/rented by the Trust. The position plays a major role in ensuring that the Trust gets value for money from its construction projects.
Key duties include:
• Prepare Bills of Quantities for small construction projects and preliminary estimates for approval by relevant authority
• Liaise with external consultants in the development of plans for construction projects
• Participate in the preparation of the annual Land and Building Capital Budget
• Liaise with Landlords in relation to repairs and other conditions of contracts to ensure compliance
• Monitor leases to ensure timely renewal and implementation of changes to contracts
• Monitor work progress and prepare valuation/payment recommendation in relation to work completed and in accordance with terms of contract
• Prepare and submit status reports on construction works in progress
• Negotiate new or renewal of lease/rent agreements with owners of properties used by the Trust
NB. This is a travelling position, and as such, all applicants MUST possess a reliable motor vehicle and a valid Drivers’ Licence.
For detailed information, please visit the website: www.heart-nta.org