The successful candidate will be required to:
• Assist in the design of observational and experimental studies;
• Contribute to and/or develop research proposals to perform observational and/or experimental studies;
• Conduct statistical analysis of observational and experimental studies, including longitudinal analysis;
• Participate in research teams;
• Teach statistical methods to postgraduate students,
• Assist academic staff and information technology staff in data management;
• Provide statistical services as a member of data monitoring committees for clinical trials;
• Conceptualize and perform research in statistical methods.
Applicants with a Masters in Biostatistics or Epidemiology are also encouraged to apply.
For further particulars regarding the University of the West Indies and the Caribbean Institute for Health Research, visitus at http://uwi.edu/caihr/
Applicants are required to submit curriculum vitae (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications. These should be sent by electronic.
Applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the above address without waiting to be contacted.
The successful candidate is expected to assume duties on August 1, 2019.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.