The incumbent will be required to promote Jamaica tourist industry to the travel trade and potential visitors in order to increase Jamaica’s market share from the region.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBIITIES INCLUDE:
• Maintain contact with wholesalers and travel agents by making regular sales calls.
• Provide updated promotional information to clients, travel agents, airlines, etc.
• Make presentations to travel organizations, tour groups, stu dent groups, social clubs and special interest groups.
• Organize and conduct familiarization tours for travel agents.
• Maintain relationship with the Jamaica Diaspora
• Conduct training seminars and presentations on Jamaica and make arrangements for the JTB’s participation in trade shows, road shows, seminars and other promotional events
• Keep abreast of the market trends by attending travel industry and related organizations meetings and functions in order to promote Jamaica
• Increase awareness for Jamaica by participating in interviews on radio, television, and phone
• Meet VIP visitors to the region and represent the JTB at meetings when required
• Prepare reports on sales activities
• Carry out marketing & sales programmes as directed
• Organize, maintain and update sales pattern for the territory
Note: Possessing the appropriate visa/permit for working in the United States of America is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.