Under the general direction of the Nursing Council of Jamaica, the incumbent operates under the Nurses and Midwives Act 1964 and Regulations 1966. The Registrar as the Chief Executive Officer has responsibility for the management, administrative and advisory services, budgetary preparation and the exercise of fiscal prudency for the effective functioning of Council’s operations. He/She has responsibility for interpreting the Act, Council’s strategic, business and operational plans, ensuring that they are implemented to the required standard.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
• Provides sound leadership and strategic management in the proper execution of the provisions of the Act.
• Provides operational management and administration of the office of the Nursing Council, its assets and properties
• Provides direction for the operational management and security of the Nursing Council qualifying examination and licensure.
• Ensures frugal fiscal management and financial sustainability of the Council.
• Establishes and maintains strategic alliances with critical stakeholders.
• Manages the staff in the effective implementation of Council’s decisions, standards and policies.
Interested persons may apply in writing, accompanied by resumes with contact information for 2 referees. Applications must be submitted no later than June 21, 2019.
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only