Jamaica Tourist Board
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
PUBLIC PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Kingston, Jamaica)
The successful candidate will be expected to assist in the procurement process
required for the acquisition of goods and services essential for the operation of
the Jamaica Tourist Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare tender notices and advertisements.
- Prepare RFQ for goods, general services and minor works.
- Obtain quotations/tenders from appropriately qualified suppliers.
- Represent Procurement Unit at Tender closing and opening exercises as
- Tender Officer.
- Maintain Procurement records in good order to facilitated audit and other reviews.
- Prepare Quarterly Contracts Award report to be submitted to the Contractor
- General’s Office (QCA Report).
- Maintain a data base of all bonds and insurances and ensure that they are current all times and take responsibility for the safe keeping and return or all relevant documents.
Procurement Process Management
- Prepare and review technical specifications in collaboration with stakeholders, refining terms of reference (TOR) and preparing request for proposals (REP) and bidding documents.
- Review and evaluate proposals and bids received and assist with the process of engaging consultants and suppliers
- Prepare and review TOR’s and bidding documents for all required procurement activities
- Liaise with relevant departments and stakeholders to have RFPs and bidding documents prepared, approved and issued in a timely manner according to the approved budget
- Manage the advertising process for procurements, procurement correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening in strict accordance within mandated procurement procedures
- Maintain procurement filing system in a systematic manner
- Receives compiles and processes purchase requisition forms for all departments for the procurement of goods
- Maintain list of vendors and contractors supplying various items and services
- Liaises with service contractors to ensure that service to office and technical equipment are being affected as agreed
- Develop and execute measurement tools to accurately assess vendor’s performance (quality, delivery times etc.) and communicate results internally and externally as necessary
- Check invoices to ensure correct price, follow through to ensure that materials ordered have been received, examine the condition of materials received, and recommend invoices for payment
- Maintain procurement records of items or services purchased. e.g. the
- costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventory and compile the data for internal monthly reports
- Ensure all completed Purchase Orders are taken to the general consumption tax office to be zero-rated
- Monitor and report the procurement implementation status and progress as required
- Follow up with relevant government agencies to obtain the approval of proposed contract awards in a timely manner
- Prepare reports of and for procurement meetings
- Goods and services procured in accordance with quality requirements and within the financial and regulatory framework
- Procurement of goods and services carried out in accordance with
- Government procurement guidelines
- Stock level of goods are maintained in accordance with established procedures
- Accurate record keeping
- Accurate reports are generated and submitted within agreed timeframe
- Bid documents prepared in accordance with specifications
- Tender opening conducted in accordance with established standard
Special ConditionsAssociated with the Job
- Pressure working conditions with numerous critical deadlines
- Long hours of work including weekends and public holidays Knowledge,
- Abilities and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Government guidelines and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposals and recommend
- contracts for award
- Knowledge of office management principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures
- Working knowledge of computer applications
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Team work and cooperation
- People Management Skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Time management skills
Applications with resumes should be submitted to Email:
Re: “Vacancy – Public Procurement Officer”
Required Education and Experience
- BSc in Public Administration/Management Studies/Accounting or any other related field
- Certificate in Public Procurement ; UNDP/CIPS Level 2 or INPRI Level 3 from MIND would be an asset
- Three (3) years procurement experience in a similar position
October 14, 2019
Senior Manager, Human Resource Development,
Jamaica Tourist Board
64 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5