Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Accommodation Officer (GMG/AM 3) at the University Hospital of the West Indies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the direction of the Director, Housing Policy, the individual will have overall responsibility for:
• Maintaining an up-to-date list of all occupants and houses to which they are assigned
• Proper Inventory of UHWI’s fixed assets which are located in the rooms are kept and maintained
• Inspecting premises when occupants leave for damages to determine if Caution Fee is to be refunded or withheld to cover damages.
• Inspecting premises, from time-to-time, to assess occupant’s compliance with rules and regulations, to ensure that the maintenance of accommodation is kept in excellent condition.
• Being knowledgeable of where specific furnishings can be obtained. Source items and recommendations purchasing outlets that are cost effective and guarantees a timely supply of furnishings.
• Participating in disaster planning meetings to ensure safety of occupants and lessening of damages to the houses.
• Participating in security meetings to determine measures that will provide safety to occupants
• Welcoming and assist all new residents in settling in accommodations at UHWI
• Producing accurate reports on the condition of UHWI’s fixtures, furniture and appliances in the rooms.
• Inspecting vacant premises to ensure its readiness for occupancy and that safety device and all necessary facilities (house & surroundings) are in place.
• Safe keeping of master keys and all other keys
Applications accompanied by resumes should be submitted no
It should be noted that only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.