The islandís disaster management agency the Office of Disaster Preparedness & Emergency Management (ODPEM), is seeking an individual to join its team in the capacity of:
Director Public Procurement (GMG/SEG 2): Salary range $1,927,065.00 - $2,290,674.00
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director, Corporate Services, the Director 2, Public Procurement has the responsibility to ensure that goods and services required by the organisation are procured and delivered as requested in accordance with Government of Jamaica Public Procurement Act 2015 and Regulations
* Provides advice to the (Senior) Director, Corporate Services, other Directors and Managers on procurement policies and procedures
* Participates in the operational plan and work programmes
* Monitors and ensures that procurement practices conform to the Financial Audit Act (FAA) and Government Procurement Guidelines.
* Prepares/ Reviews policies and procedures for the entity
* Evaluates the performance of the Procurement Process along with the Head of the Division and Committee members.
* Act as eProcurement Coordinator and Lead Evaluator
* Coordinate and conduct procurement compliance reviews
* Coordinate and conduct organization procurement training seminars/ workshops.
* Coordinate reports for submission to the MOFP, OCG, PPC and Cabinet
* Ensure that tender documents are prepared in accordance to GOJ
standards, disseminated timely and accurately. * Monitor the organizationís procurement activities to ensure conformity to the Procurement Plan
* Prepares and submits reports to the Ministry of Finance and Public Service for all goods purchased by the entity inclusive of cost and locations supplied.
* Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective
planning, delegation, communication, training, monitoring and coaching. * Ensure the welfare and development needs of skill in the Division/Unit are
clearly identified and addressed.
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
* Good customer relations skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills