Duties and Responsibilities:
This role provides strategic and operational leadership in the development, management and delivery of excellent and sustainable services to support the teaching, learning and research of the University community, as well as leadership in the creation and execution of special projects and initiatives. The successful applicant will work with Heads of Branches, the Head of Public Services, the Outreach Librarian, and the Coordinator of the Mona Information Literacy Unit (MILU), to provide leadership in areas of public services, teaching/learning and outreach, assessment, special projects, and user experience, and will:
• Provide vision and leadership for all Public Service Programmes of the Mona Library and foster a culture of collaboration and excellence in service;
• Provide visionary leadership for outreach activities, and coordinate the development of a comprehensive marketing and advocacy programme for the Mona Library;
• Have primary responsibility for grant-writing, and developing projects and activities including new initiatives based on emerging trends in academic libraries ;
• Lead in the development of collaborative Campus partnerships with Units, e.g. the Department of Library and Information Studies (DLIS), the Mona Office of Research and Innovation (MORI), and Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) ;
• Advise and assist the Campus Librarian in the formulation of strategic directions in relation to facilities and space management;
• Assist the Campus Librarian in managing, directing and monitoring the activities of standing and ad hoc committees, teams, etc.