Welcome to the Gleaner Online Weekly Newsletter
| In this issue:
- Jamaica Elections 2007 now on-line..
- Jamaica Star Artiste of the Month of July: Chat with Prodigal
- Hospitality Jamaica: Red Stripe Reggae Sumfest: Montego Bay's
musical cash cow
- Be Job Smart at Jobs mart as you look for Jobs in Jamaica
- Tech Tip: Using our RSS feeds with My Yahoo
|Jamaica Elections 2007
that the Jamaican General elections has been called, you can keep
up-to-date with the happenings, as they unfold, on the Gleaner's
Jamaica Election 2007 website, http://jamaica-elections.com.
Besides the content published in the daily newspaper there will
be unique content:
Visit Jamaica Elections 2007, http://jamaica-elections.com
| Jamaica Star Artiste of the Month
of July: Prodigal Son.
Curtis Whilby a.k.a. Prodigal Son was born in St. Catherine, Jamaica,
in 1976. He was raised by his grandmother, a Godly woman who made
sure he grew up in the Christian church.
Accepting Christ at age five, he followed the Lord until the age
of 13, unfortunately his grandmother died. This was the turning
point for Calvin who moved to Kingston and found residence in the
cold suburb of the community called Rema, one of the toughest innercities
in the Caribbean. Calvin rebelled from his Christian upbringing
and against God choosing the lifestyle of gang and gun violence.
Chat with Prodigal Son on July 24, 2007 at 5:00 p.m. E.S.T at http://go-jamaica.com/com/chat/
|Hospitality Jamaica: Red Stripe
Reggae Sumfest: Montego Bay's musical cash cow
1993, when Summerfest Productions commenced Reggae Sumfest, the
average cost to stage the festival ranged from $27-$30 million.
Fifteen years later, the mega event that claims to be 'The Biggest
Reggae Festival on Earth', requires a whopping $100 million to cover
all aspects of its production, ranging from artistes' fees, lights
and sound, to preparation and accommodation.
Read more on http://hospitalityjamaica.com/
|Be Job Smart at Jobs mart
you are looking for a job, career information and tips, you can
find it all at the Gleaner's JobSmart.
Latest Jobs listed :
There are over 100 listings for Job Vacancies in Jamaica and the
Caribbean, so visit http://go-jamaica.com/jobsmart/
|Tech Tip: Using our RSS feeds with Yahoo
(Really Simple Syndication) is a 'feed' format for sharing and distributing
Web content, such as news headlines. Using an RSS reader, you can view
data feeds from various news sources including Gleaner sites.
This week, we continue our series on how you can use RSS feeds provided
by the Go-Jamaica(Gleaner) sites.
- Go to My Yahoo!. You will need to sign in to add this content.
- Click Add Content
- Go to the Add RSS by URL page by clicking Add RSS by URL beside the
- Click in the URL entry box enter the JAmaica Star feed URL ( http://www.jamaicastar.com/feed/news.xml
- You will see a preview showing the content as it will appear on your
page. Confirm that you want this content on your page by clicking Add
to My Yahoo!.
- A confirmation appears to tell you that content from this source
has been added to your page.
- In addition, the RSS feed will be available to you when you log into
your yahoo e-mail.
For list of RSS feeds we provide, visit http://go-jamaica.com/rss.html.
Go-Jamaica , Gleaner Online,
Jamaica Gleaner Company.
7 North Street, P.O. 40 Kingston CSO, Kingston Jamaica
Copyright © 2002-7 All rights reserved.