|Listen to Live Jamaican Radio, Listen to Power 106 FM 24x7. Click Here to Listen Free | (Advertisement)|
Homes destroyed in multiple fires
2012-09-30 12:19:40 | (0 Comments)
Firefighters were kept busy over the last 24 hours by four separate house fires.
This morning in Bull Savannah, St Elizabeth personnel from the Santa Cruz Fire Department responded to a fire believed to have been caused by an electrical short circuit.
The fire destroyed a six-apartment dwelling about 1 o’clock this morning.
Meanwhile, a fire of unknown origin destroyed a two-bedroom board house and damaged a neighbouring concrete house on March Lane in Spanish Town, St Catherine this morning.
It is reported that the sleeping occupants of the house were awakened by the smell of smoke about 3 o’clock.
And the Negril Fire Department carried out cooling down operations yesterday after a fire, believed to be caused by a lit candle, destroyed a four apartment board dwelling on Hermitage Road in Red Ground, Westmoreland.
Meanwhile, the police are investigating a fire suspected to be the work arsonists, which destroyed a three-bedroom apartment in Union Estate, Central Village, St Catherine yesterday.
It is reported that the occupants of the apartment were involved in a dispute and shortly after, fire was seen coming from one of the rooms.
Source: The Gleaner/Power 106 News
The opinions on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner. The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. To respond to The Gleaner please use the feedback form.
Go- Jamaica: Home | Business Directory | Jobsmart | Chat | Gallery | Videos | Events