|Listen to Live Jamaican Radio, Listen to Power 106 FM 24x7. Click Here to Listen Free | (Advertisement)|
Trial of Jamaica House throat slasher stalls again
2012-10-17 08:52:19 | (0 Comments)
Barbara Gayle, Justice Coordinator
The trial of the man accused of slashing the throat of a policeman at the entrance to Jamaica House in December 2009 again failed to get underway in the Home Circuit Court.
The accused, 26-year-old Andre Pratt, was not at court yesterday to answer to the wounding with intent charge.
The court was told that he was absence because he was ill.
The judge instructed his lawyer to ensure that he appears in court when the matter is called up on October 24.
The court will then determine if Pratt needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation.
Last month his attorney told the court that he was mentally ill and could not attend court.
The charge against Pratt arose out of a December 2009 incident where he walked up to the gates of Jamaica House and demanded to speak with the prime minister.
While he was being attended to, he pulled a knife and slashed the throat of the policeman at the gate.
Pratt ran but was held and later arrested and charged.
Source: The Gleaner/Power 106 News
The opinions on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner. The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. To respond to The Gleaner please use the feedback form.
Go- Jamaica: Home | Business Directory | Jobsmart | Chat | Gallery | Videos | Events