|Listen to Live Jamaican Radio, Listen to Power 106 FM 24x7. Click Here to Listen Free | (Advertisement)|
Boulevard abduction case push back to tomorrow
2012-10-29 18:19:29 | (0 Comments)
Barbara Gayle, Justice Coordinator
The trial of the three policemen charged with the December 2004 murders of two men who were abducted from a plaza on Washington Boulevard has been put off until tomorrow.
At that time, another juror will be selected to replace one now on the panel who but who has explained that he will not be available next week.
Today, attempts were made to get an additional juror but the court was told that the prospective jurors had already left.
Assistant Superintendent Police Victor Barrett and Constables Paul Edwards and Louie Lynch are charged with the double murder.
It is alleged that the policemen drove to the parking lot at the plaza on December 23, 2004, where they accosted 20-year-old Kemar Walters of Kitson Town, St Catherine, and 35-year-old Oliver Duncan of Olympic Gardens, Kingston 11.
One of the men was said to be part of a car-stealing ring.
Both men have been missing since.
It is believed that they were abducted and subsequently murdered.
The policemen men are on bail.
Defence lawyers Churchill Neita, Valerie Neita Robertson, Deborah Martin and Oswest Senior Smith are representing the policemen.
Like our new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/gleanerjamaica
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/JamaicaGleaner
Source: The Gleaner/Power 106 News
The opinions on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of The Gleaner. The Gleaner reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. To respond to The Gleaner please use the feedback form.
Go- Jamaica: Home | Business Directory | Jobsmart | Chat | Gallery | Videos | Events