To ensure that your Press Release is published on our website, it is important that you comply with the following requirements. All press releases will be reviewed before publication.
All Press Releases
- Must be written in English and should not be less than 250 words and no more than 500 words.
- Must have Headlines which use UPPER CASE at the beginning of all words. In addition, there should be no quotations marks or website addresses in headlines. Example of a correct headline: John Brown Launches New Energy Drink
- Should not contain book, event, movie or album reviews.
- Must not include excessive grammatical errors.
- Must have a legitimate news angle (announcing something new and/or timely).
- Should contain proper attribution.
- Must not be a duplicate of previously submitted press releases.
- Should have a valid email and phone number.
Additionally, Press Releases should not contain
- Any content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others.
- Adult (18 or over) material, or promotes any pornographic material, adult products or services.
- Content related to the purchase of pharmaceuticals (in any way).
- Link to exchange schemes.
- Accusations of illegal conduct without the specific mention of a civil or criminal court filing within the appropriate jurisdiction (including a court case number)
- Profanity or offensive language.
- Violent content.
- Content regarding programs, which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails.
- Hacking/cracking, illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content.
- Bulk email lists or any Spam related endeavors.
- Excessive links.
- Covert sales language (Are YOU looking for ways to make money online??" "Buy now!!!").
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods.
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays.
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organization.
Gleaner Online reserves the right not to publish press releases which are deemed inappropriate for our publication. Press releases must be from the company actually submitting the news (or approved agency)
If your release identifies a business and/or a personal relationship with an organization, individual or event (public or private), and this association is false or misleading; please be aware that Go Jamaica will freely assist in any and all investigations dealing with this issue. Therefore, you are fully responsible for the content you submit to Go Jamaica, so please convey the truth, and communicate in a manner that is without ambiguity as it concerns your association with others.