OUT OF MANY ONE DISH |
MONDAY, JULY 30, 2018
240g cake flour
A pinch of salt
150 g butter, chilled
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Place the flour, salt and water in a bowl and mix using
a wooden spoon, then knead to form a soft dough. If the
dough feels too dry, add a little more water. If it feels too
wet, add a little more flour.
2. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Spray a clean
work surface with nonstick cooking spray, then roll out one
of the portions of dough into a 20cm disc. Using the tip of a
knife, break off a small bit of butter and stud the dough
with about 15 pieces of butter.
3. Roll the butter-studded roti into a sausage shape (again
using oil or a non-stick spray).
4. Roll the roti to form a shell-like shape. Repeat with the
remaining dough and place in an airtight container.
5. Chill for 1
hours, then roll out the discs of dough
6. Brush a pan with a little vegetable oil and place over a
medium heat. Add 1 roti and cook for 1 minute, or until it
turns golden with a few darker stops. Turn over and cook
the other side. Repeat with as many rotis as desired.