THE GLEANER’S EASTER COOKBOOK 2016
Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
2 medium-small spaghetti squash
2 chicken breasts
1-2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn/chopped
1 extra large carrot, shredded
1 medium red bell pepper pepper, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
8oz shredded cheese
1-2tbsp fresh parsley to garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the
seeds. For easy cutting, feel free to stick each squash in the
microwave for five minutes to soften it up just a tad.
3. Next grab a lipped baking sheet or a rimmed baking dish. To pre-
vent sticking, rub the cut side of the squash with a bit of olive oil
or simply place a little water inside your baking dish.
4. Place inside a baking dish or atop rimmed, lined baking sheet
[some liquid will escape] and roast face-down for 30-40 minutes,
or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will
vary a bit depending on the size of your squash, and the once
rock-hard exterior of the squash will be visibly softened.
5. While the squash roasts, cook chicken via your favourite
6. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
7. Set aside.
8. In a small pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat
and sauté your bell pepper and carrot for a few minutes until ten-
der. Next add the spinach and chicken and stir to wilt the
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Next add your cheese to the hot mixture. Mix a little over half
the cheese in with the chicken and veggies and save the rest for
11. To stuff the squash you can simply pile on your cheesy chicken
12. Top with the rest of your grated cheese and cover the baking
dish in foil, leaving a little room at the top [like a tent] so the
cheese doesn’t stick.
13. Bake at 350°F for around 20-30 minutes or until hot and bub-
14. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or basil leaves and dig in!