POSTAL & PARTNERS CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT UNION LIMITED (PPCCUL)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of
General Manager. The Incumbent will be responsible for the implementation
of the strategic objectives of the Credit Union under the direction of the
Board of Directors and plays a critical role in the development of the broad
strategies. The Incumbent will be held accountable for the development, evaluation and implementation of policies and sound operating procedures
in keeping with the Department & Co-operative & Friendly Societies Act, Jamaica Co-operative Credit League, and Bank of Jamaica Regulations. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing strategic leadership, monitoring and controlling the affairs of PPCCUL in order to achieve the
long-term goals and objectives of the organization. The Incumbent will also
be accountable for ensuring growth of the credit union as defined by the
Board of Directors.
• Responsible for the strategic planning and tactical execution of the accounting, management, administrative and all other operations of the Credit Union in accordance with the Society’s Rules, the Co-operative Society’s Act and the instructions of the Board of Directors.
• Develop new policies and review existing policies in keeping with Board
directives and regulatory requirements.
• Attend Board meetings and conjointly with the Board, develop strategic
plans for the Credit Union inclusive of long-term, medium term and short-term goals and objectives for key results areas.
• Institute proper risk management technics to protect the assets of the Credit Union.
• Managing the hiring and promotion of staff and maintain competent staff.
• Develop and implement strategies to build profitability and continued
viability of the Credit Union.
• Providing incisive analyses of key business drivers, cost and revenue streams.
• Being in touch with market and regulatory developments to effect practical